Thursday, August 14, 2008

times they are a-changin

I hope you'll believe me when I say I have a list of possible blogs to write, both on paper and in my head. I have the beginnings of at least two more blogs about Israel written in various journals, and a couple more composing themselves in my head. I have ideas of what I can do with this blog that's new, what I can call it, what it can look like, what I can write about. Still a la deriva sits silent, and empty, and sad: Who has time to learn CSS, re-learn HTML, and think, much less write, critically about one's life and surroundings?

Still, I would like to blog everyday. Perhaps I will try.

Monday I begin my new job as an Intern at the Obama for America National Campaign Headquarters. Today I drink morning mimosas and eat sushi for lunch to celebrate and hop on a train that will take me west to Iowa. I've never been to Iowa. Nor, in the last year, have I looked forward to going to work in the morning. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Kurt Rice said...

Your job change is excellent news. I suspect there will be more material to write about from your first few days about than you have time to get down in ink or pixels. I look forward to your war stories at Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Well, hopefully President Obama will have work for her after the election, so she will not be spinning her wheels at Thanksgiving. *L*