Wednesday, May 24, 2006

different names for the same thing

I just finished my first final exam at the Universidad de Sevilla, for my Latin American theater class. It was intense.

At first glance, it seems just like a lit class at UCSB because the final is three hours, and students are given a couple sheets of paper and a couple essay questions. Only here, it's worth the entire grade for the class. After three hours (yes I used the whole time) of writing in Spanish, i'm both exhausted of thinking in Spanish and acustomed to it, so English words aren't coming easily. After a semester long class, three open-ended essay questions are an anticlimactic and stressful way to determine our grade. I'm not a fan. Though the professor said after he read us the questions that the exam was really easy, I think I would've preferred something more directed, because I had four sheets of paper, three hours, and no idea what he wanted.

Vamos a ver...

No comments: