Monday, August 07, 2006

not-so-miserable monday

It's really amazing what an extra half-hour of sleep can do on a hopeless Monday morning. I couldn't sleep last night, tossing and turning and reading for hours, worrying my current or future job would impossibly turn into The Devil Wears Prada and all my dreams would become nightmares. Instead of dragging myself out of bed this morning after the third push of the snooze, I felt I deserved to sleep for another half-hour and went into work 25 minutes later than normal. I found three long and informative voice mails on my machine, several long and informative e-mails in my inbox, and enough writing to keep me occupied the whole day. Now, high afternoon nap time again, i'm wide awake and engaged.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

how is the re-adjusting going? should i start preparing for reverse culture shock on the way home? oh lindsey i can't ever imagine leaving my second home here! how do you cope?

lindsey said...

DEBBIE I MISS YOU. It's actually really easy. I'm sure you won't have any trouble. As unfortunate as it is, you'll feel like you never left because nothing changes here.