Wednesday, August 02, 2006

tea break

It's about time that I felt awake and alive this morning, considering it's already 11:30 and i've been awake for four hours and alive for 20 years, 18 months, 11 days. I'm drinking Pomegranate White Tea and the quiet caffeine is entering my body through my stomach and going first for my droopy eyes. Then it's heading down to conquer my flaccid cheeks and my relaxed mouth, my noodle fingers and my lazy brain. It doesn't take much brain or typing power to come up with intern busy work briefs, but it does take a little to keep myself interested and sounding intelligent.

The addicts I talk to (mostly cigarette after my six months in nicotine-infested Europe) say they're more addicted to the routine and the atmosphere that creates the desire to smoke than the actual chemicals. Like sitting around after dinner and having a smoke and a good conversation, like sipping coffee, reading a newspaper, and dragging off a cigarette. For me, I like my caffeinated tea around this time when i'm sitting at my computer at the intern desk in 72-degree air-conditioned air, freezing my butt off and wondering when i'll be hungry enough to take my lunch break.

1 comment:

Stevi said...

Usually it's 73, Debbie says . . . I think blankets will soon be necessary . . . even if its 85 outside.