Tuesday, April 01, 2008

eyelids droop

This is rather a bad habit I've developed, probably due to years of writing articles late into the night at the Daily Nexus office and writing essays after that while the dark waves crashed on the invisible beach outside my window. I can't seem to produce quality work during the day, but in the middle of the night, when I seem to have all the time in the world to edit and re-write, my writings, or in this case, my articles, move along swimmingly. Not only do I not get paid enough to spend eight hours working and another three writing at night, but I do not start work late enough to be able to stay up until the early morning and still be high-functioning in the morning.

Having recognized this, I could now go to sleep. But this might just be the highlight of my work week, writing along to the quiet drone of my 109 Ani DiFranco songs on shuffle as my eyelids droop.

No comments: