Friday, January 20, 2006

Department Storería

Sevilla has an H&M. It’s three levels and it’s glorious. I bought a pair of slippers (zapatillos) there, among other things, because my señora informed me today that I would get a sore throat from walking on the cold tile in my socks.

In addition to H&M, I experienced the Spanish equivalent of a department store today. This is a new concept because, as I’ve said, they have separate stores for everything. And it wasn’t just a department store – El Corte Ingles is a city. I forgot how many floors it was. At least five huge department store floors, filled with food, clothes, shoes, drug store items, makeup, all rolled into one. And since it’s sale season, rebajas everywhere. It was slightly, no completely, overwhelming, and they didn’t have school supplies unless I missed them somewhere. Go figure, the paper they use here is taller and skinnier than paper in the U.S.

I think I might finally get to go dancing tomorrow night. I was supposed to go Saturday to a club called Voz, which actually turned out to be called Boss (they sound the same), but they wouldn’t let us in. Then we walked to “Kool,” but that cost 10€ and it was already 2.30. My friend’s señora laughs at him if he comes home before three… but where I come from, 2.30’s pretty darn late.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you live anywhere near a hotel called Hotel Inglaterra?

lindsey said...

no. not that i know of. why?

Anonymous said...

It's the only definite landmark I remember. I was just wondering whether I'd be able to recognize any of the places in your pictures....

Anonymous said...

now that I have gotten someone to tell me the URL od this site I can successfully post messages, yay! =)
WoW thats a BIG store thing...like three Gallaria malls put together.