Sunday, January 22, 2006

Disclaimer

Obviously, I like to write. And because I’m having so many new experiences here in Sevilla, I have ample topics to write about. This journal is as much for my benefit as anyone else’s, and when I’m old and recalling my experience studying abroad, I don’t want to be censored. One of the topics I’ve been mentioning is the nightlife. Sevillians like their fun. And students like to go out. It is completely the norm to eat dinner at 11, go out at midnight, and stay out ‘til the wee hours of the morning. By American standards, Seville is a safe city. Regardless, I am always with friends and always careful. We often take taxis home, and if we walk, we walk together. I always carry a map, my phone, and pepper spray. Basically what I’m trying to say is please, No preocupes. Don’t worry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The violent crime rate, or lack there of, is one of the reasons we chose to live in Europe for so long. Enjoy your time there and don't stop writing about it!

Anonymous said...

Don't be too careful. Great stories aren't carried in the sacks of the meek.

"Arriba, abajo, al centro, para adentro!"